I am a web and database developer who can translate business needs into applications. I identify problems, build consensus, develop solutions and deliver solid products that are popular with users.
Database and Web Developer, University of Minnesota [2008-Present]
Build database and web applications for the Global Programs and Strategy Alliance.
- Created iPhone interface for web application
- Wrote queries to pull data from University data warehouse
- Authored comprehensive how-to guide for using FileMaker and PHP
- Co-founded campus-wide FileMaker User Group engaging members via a listserv, blog and live events
Web Application Developer and AdDept Liaison, Macy’s North Marketing [2005-2008]
Responsible for creation and maintenance of web and database applications. Primary query and report builder for AS400-based financial system. Liaison among users, system administrators and third-party developer.
- Designed, built, and launched advertising strategy and inventory-management system
- Developed easy-to-use application for managing projects, teams, deadlines and correspondence
- Advanced business knowledge and empowered individuals and managers to plan and balance workload
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- B.A. Latin and History; Saint Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
- Mini Masters in Project Management; St. Thomas University, Minneapolis, Minnesota; May 2008
- Effective Web and Application Design; Human Factors, International; May 2010
- User-Centered Analysis and Conceptual Design; Human Factors, International; May 2011
- iPhone App Workshop; June 2010
FileMaker User Group for University of Minnesota, co-founder
Minnesota Chapter of the Usablity Professionals’ Association
Golden Toasters Chapter of Toastmasters International, Treasurer